Prayer Guide August 2018
Pray for Langham Scholar Anna Lo’s future service in Cambodia
Originally from Hong Kong, Anna served as a missionary and professor in Cambodia, where just 1% of the nation’s 16 million people are Christian. Currently, Anna is pursuing a PhD at Fuller Theological Seminary (US) and will be among the first in Cambodia to hold a doctorate in Old Testament.
After graduation, Anna and her husband Kakda will return to Cambodia as church planters and professors at a newly formed Christian university.
- for wisdom as they develop plans.
- for strength as Anna finalises her dissertation proposal at Fuller, and as Kakda studies English at a nearby college.
- for the aftermath of the Cambodian general election on Sunday. The ruling party claimed a landslide victory, in a vote with no main opposition.
Please continue to pray for our fundraising initiative ‘Seedbed’, which includes three Langham Partnership projects in the Majority World.
- more preachers to download the Langham Preaching App, which helps with sermon preparation and networking.
- contributors to the Central Eastern European Bible Commentary, that the Holy Spirit will guide them to write helpful and contextually relevant content.
- Langham Scholars who are staying at Tyndale House for short periods over the coming year. Pray that the permanent study room there will be a blessing to them.
For more information about these projects and how you can support them financially, check out the Seedbed webpages.
Mercy Ireri, from Kenya, is Langham Preaching’s coordinator for East Africa. Pray for her as she carries out administration tasks and plans for training workshops across this vast region. Watch her explain the benefits of Langham Preaching, and read her testimony.
A prayer to use in your church service, prayer meeting, home group or individually:
“Holy, merciful Father God, we thank you for Langham Scholars like Anna Lo, who hope to return to the Majority World to serve you there. We pray for Anna and her husband Kakda, that you will bless their plans to work in Cambodia in the future. We uphold the Seedbed fundraising initiative before you, and pray that more money would be raised for these vital projects. Finally Lord, we lift to you our sister Mercy Ireri in Kenya, as she organises Langham Preaching training in East Africa. We pray for lasting fruit of this work.
In your precious son Jesus Christ’s name,
Tags: literature, pray, Prayer Guide, preaching, Scholars