Prayer Guide June 2018
This prayer information first appeared in LPUKI’s Prayer Guide email June 2018. You can sign-up to receive the Prayer Guide by email.
Pray for the Latin American Bible Commentary
The Langham Literature project to publish a one-volume Bible commentary for pastors in Latin America has taken several years, but is nearing completion.
Many church leaders in this part of the world are sorely under-resourced, and face pressure to preach the so-called ‘prosperity Gospel’. The commentary will be published in Spanish and Portuguese.
Please pray that the Latin America Bible Commentary would meet the deadline of completion by the end of the year. Find out more about the project in this interview from 2009.
Keep praying for Langham Preaching in Zimbabwe
In March, we were asked to pray for Langham Preaching’s ministry in Zimbabwe, particularly for the development of new leaders, and training opportunities in two new cities. Thank you for praying! Lots has already happened:
– The national team had a planning meeting to discuss the plans.
– A ‘training of trainers’ event took place for the first time in Harare at the end of April, with trainers from five cities attending.
– The monthly Saturday Langham Preaching workshops were launched in Harare on 12 May.
Please continue to pray for the work in Zimbabwe, especially for new training opportunities and for new, younger leaders to join the national planning team.
Langham Scholar Dr George Pirwoth Atido is the President of a University in Bunia, DR Congo. The situation there is volatile, unpredictable and unusually tense. His area of Bunia has welcomed 180,000 displaced people and some students have fled the town because of the turmoil. Living is expensive and food is in short supply. George asks us to:
– Pray for the internally displaced people in Bunia, including thousands of children and women, of whom about 250 are pregnant.
– Pray for him and his University management committee to stand in unity and love, giving good direction to the students.
– Pray for political and social breakthrough in DR Congo.
– Pray for churches to stand up and provide an encouraging Christian witness in this context.
Find out more and read more prayer points from George.Tags: Africa, Langham Literature, Langham Preaching, Langham Scholars, Latin America, Latin American Bible Commentary, Prayer