Prayer Guide March 2018
This prayer information first appeared in LPUKI’s Prayer Guide email March 2018. You can sign-up to receive the Prayer Guide by email.
In November last year, Robert Mugabe resigned after 37 years in office. Langham Preaching trainers John Bell and Gary Cross (pictured left) were interviewed by UCB radio about how we can be praying for believers in the country.
Please pray for:
- Peace and reconciliation.
- The re-establishment of the place of law.
- People to live honest lives.
- The Church to regain its reputation as God’s voice in the nation.
John Bell also asks us to pray for Langham Preaching’s work in the country. Pray for:
- The rewriting of training material.
- The development of new, younger leaders.
- New training possibilities in two city venues.
Pray for Langham Scholar Meron Gebreananaye
Meron is one of the first women professors at the Ethiopian Graduate School of Theology, and is currently working on her PhD in New Testament at Durham University. Langham Partnership is funding her studies. Her research examines an aspect of theology that is especially prominent in the Ethiopian Orthodox tradition.
- That she’ll successfully complete the first chapter of her thesis according to schedule
- For her children to continue to grow and thrive
- For her husband Yared to find part-time employment or studies in the UK.
- Read more about the Langham Scholars programme.
Pray for the Central Eastern European Bible Commentary
Please pray for this exciting new project from Langham Literature. The aim is to create a one-volume commentary on the whole Bible, written by and for believers in Central and Eastern Europe.
Please pray for scholars who will be writing parts of the commentary, and those contributing articles.Central Eastern European Bible Commentary, Ethiopia, Langham Literature, Langham Preaching, Langham Scholars, Meron Gebreananaye, pray, Prayer, Zimbabwe